Below are a few terms you may encounter when shopping for Houston wholesale cabinetry:

Arch or cathedral – Arches and shapes that look like a window on a church are often used on cabinet doors. For example, a cathedral cabinet door will feature a shape like a church window.

Bevel – Bevels are the slant you see on a surface when two surfaces meet.

Crown molding – Crown molding is a wide piece of wood molding, typically carved, placed on top of wall cabinets, furniture, or walls.

Dentil molding – Dentil molding is a decorative molding featuring a pattern of tooth-like (dentil) cuts.

Dovetail joint – Commonly used in cabinetry and cabinet drawer construction, dovetail joints are formed by connecting a projecting piece into a cutout designed to accept it. The resulting wedge same resembles that of a dove's tail.

Kiln dry – A lumbar drying technique that removes moisture by placing the lumbar in a kiln.

Mullion – A mullion is the vertical piece that divides a window or glass door into panes.

Tenon – Found on the end of a piece of wood, a tenon is a projection designed to fit into a "mortise" which has been carved to accept the mortise. When the tenon and mortise are joined (typically with glue), they form a tenon and mortise joint similar to a dovetail joint.

Toekick – The toekick area in cabinetry is the recessed area where your feet go when standing close to a counter.

Tongue and groove – Similar to tenon and mortise and dovetail construction techniques, tongue and grove involves boards with projections designed to fit into boards with grooves that correspond to the projection's shape.

Veneer – Veneer is a thin layer of wood that is glued to a surface such as particle board or plywood, giving the appearance of a solid wood piece.


2532 Polk St, Houston, Harris, Texas 77003